ANTONOVICH ADJOURNS BOARD MEETING IN MEMORY OF DALLAS POLICE OFFICERS ASSASSINATED IN JULY 7TH AMBUSH
Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich introduced a motion to adjourn the regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors in memory of the four Dallas Police Department Officers and one Rapid Transit Authority Officer who were assassinated in the July 7th ambush while protecting protesters. All members joined Supervisor Antonovich’s motion.
- Sergeant Michael Smith, 55, a former Army Ranger who had been with the Dallas Police Department since 1989.
- Senior Corporal Lorne Ahrens, 48, who had been with the department since 2002. Corporal Ahrens was a former law enforcement technician in the Lennox and Lancaster stations with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
- Officer Michael Krol, 40, who had been with the department since 2007.
- Officer Patrick Zamarripa, 32, a former Navy sailor and Iraq War veteran who had been with the department since 2011.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority Officer Brent Thompson, 43, a former Marine who had been with the department since 2009. Thompson was the first DART officer to be killed in the line of duty since the department’s inception in 1989. Less than two weeks ago, Thompson married another transit officer at the transportation authority.